Are you our next Account Director?
TRUEdotDESIGN is looking for an experienced Account Director to help bring our clients’ marketing games to the next level.
Location: Ottawa (in-office or hybrid)
Position Type: Full-Time
As an Account Director, you are our clients’ first (and most reliable) point of contact and responsible for delivering on our promises – all of them. You truly understand the agency world and will hit the ground running with your expertise in managing accounts, writing marketing strategies, and applying project management skills to roll out all types of assets such as digital ad campaigns, websites, branding, and much more.
For many of our clients we are their marketing department, and the Account Director is their go-to resource, and wizard who brings their marketing objectives to life. At TRUEdotDESIGN, we work alongside our clients as their partner, dreaming, guiding, and implementing on their behalf.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A SALES POSITION – while sales skills are a valuable asset, it is a critical requirement that candidates have a depth of marketing agency and account management experience.
At TRUEdotDESIGN, the Account Director role is focused on a variety of tasks including:
- Act as the agency representative and primary point of contact for client accounts
- Build and nurture relationships with clients to achieve trusted advisor status, identify future opportunities, organically grow accounts, and develop proposals for new projects
- Management of all related deliverables and service requirements
- Project related communication – internally and with the client
- Project scheduling – creation, maintenance, updating
- Project budgeting – forecasting, reporting
- Project invoicing – installments, progress billing, monthly invoicing
- Present deliverables to clients
- Brainstorming and planning innovative marketing strategies related to brand development, overall positioning, creative intervention, digital platforms, and website development
- Content development (may include: marketing strategies, creative briefs, positioning statements, taglines and rationales, website content, blogs, proposals, etc.)
- Working alongside our digital team to collaborate and define your clients’ digital campaigns and tactics
- Quality assurance of all project elements (especially on website development quality assurance testing protocols)
- Support the development and optimization of our company processes and tools
- Support the president with business development pursuits (as required)
- Represent the agency at industry and client events
- Other duties as assigned by the president and executive team
To be considered for this position, you’ve got to have some (or all) of these skills and qualities:
- Post-Secondary education in a related field (Marketing, Communications, Commerce, Business Management) and/or an interesting combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an Agency environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a project management, account management, or in a client support position and/or experience in an agency or similar multiple-client support environment – you must have experience successfully juggling multiple accounts and priorities
- Experience with the architectural, real estate, property development and/or home builder industries is considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (please provide writing samples – blogs, editorial, proposals – if available)
- Exceptional organizational skills – this role has many moving parts so exceptional time management and self-direction are keys to success in this position
- Applied knowledge (meaning, you’ve done this before) for developing marketing strategies, communications planning, and defining initiatives that meet client objectives and then in turn manage the process of rolling it out with the creative team, including branding assets, print and digital ads, website architecture, design and development, email marketing, social media campaigns, to name just a few.
- Knowledge of Social Media, Google Ads, and SEO best practices and KPIs
- Good client relationship development and management skills – this is a client facing role and your ability to articulate the creative vision and strategy for each initiative is vital for all parties
- Experience developing and presenting ideas and plans persuasively to key stakeholders
- Experience (and skilled at) working in a fast-past, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, simultaneous priorities – Yes it important enough to list twice!
- Bilingualism (written and spoken, English and French) is considered an asset
What You’ll ❤️ About This Job:
- The people, we’re a supportive and collaborative team that encourage big ideas and bold thinking – you’ll be one of the dotters #teamwork
- We are passionate about our clients and are tenacious about building their business and brand!
- Dynamic projects with a range of clients to keep things interesting
- A fast-paced and vibrant corporate culture that is inclusive and entertaining!
- We celebrate everything at Tdot with a staff party at the end of each month
- Added benefits including anniversary & birthday gifts, summer “Happy Fridays”, events (GOHBA, SAMs), annual golf tournament, OBOT discounts, learning series (monthly speakers), etc.
Forward your pixel-perfect resume showing us you’ve got what it takes – along with salary expectations, availability, and any writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
TRUEdotDESIGN is a fully integrated, award-winning Ottawa-based marketing firm with an impressive portfolio of services for clients in architecture, engineering, residential development and homebuilding, and other real estate-related sectors. Through our experience and evolution, TRUEdotDESIGN’s talented in-house team of bilingual marketing strategists and designers specialize in offering a unique stable of expertise in strategy development and planning, brand development, marketing, graphic design, social media, public relations, copywriting, web design and development, advertising, and promotions (both mainstream and online), media and marketing planning, event planning, and sales centre and showroom interior design.