Looking for a Superstar Graphic Designer
The TRUEdotDESIGN studio is expanding, and we are looking for a Graphic Designer … the perfect Graphic Designer to help bring our clients’ brands, designs and user experiences to the next level.
Location: Ottawa (in-office)
Position Type: Full-Time
As a Graphic Designer, you are a visionary and at the cutting edge of design trends and innovation. You truly understand the agency world and will hit the ground running with your experience and expertise in branding, print, environmental and digital design (including user experience.)
Reporting to the Director of Design and as a member of the studio team, you are responsible for delivering on our branding, graphic design and UX promises. You are viewed by peers as a trusted, responsive, and reliable resource – confidently able to answer creative and technical questions.
At TRUEdotDESIGN, the Graphic Designer role is focused on a variety of tasks including:
- Establishing and maintaining brand consistency across all projects by effectively adapting design styles based on the client’s brand and target audience.
- Brainstorming, conceptualizing, and developing a variety of strategic, creative, and engaging products including:
- Digital ads
- Social media graphics and reels
- Environmental (e.g. sales centre interior and exterior)
- Video editing
- And much more!
- Liaising with the Director of Design, Account Directors, and other internal resources to understand, deliver, and build on project requirements.
- Owning assigned projects from concept to delivery.
- Applying strategic thinking and problem-solving skills to assigned projects and tasks.
- Maintaining and setting workload priorities to meet deadlines.
- Providing accurate project delivery time estimates and effectively communicating expectations to team members.
- Performing quality assurance of all project elements, including leading internal website testing protocols.
- Liaising knowledgeably and effectively with third-party providers such as programmers and printers.
- Selecting printers, suggesting paper stock, suggesting print applications, selecting/sourcing promotional items, and planning brochures, signage, and websites.
- Preparing design files for production (print, programming, etc.) and delivery (packaging for clients, CMS inputs, etc.).
- Performing client training sessions for websites.
- Organizing and maintaining design assets as per the process used in the design department.
- Continuously exploring new, creative, and bold ideas that go beyond the expected and learning and improving skills to remain highly effective in the role.
- Continuously producing engaging, strategic, and creative designs that meet Tdot’s quality standards.
- Confidently presenting and selling concepts to clients in alignment with Tdot’s values and language.
- Taking constructive criticism in a positive manner and utilizing it for self-improvement.
- Maintaining a professional attitude and fostering a positive and encouraging environment for peers and junior staff members.
To be considered for this position, you’ve got to have some (or all) of these skills and qualities:
- Post-Secondary education in a related field and/or an interesting combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a graphic designer in an agency and/or similar multi-client support environment.
- Experienced (and skilled at) working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Viewed by clients and peers as a trusted, responsive, solutions-oriented, and reliable resource confidently able to answer technical questions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, simultaneous priorities.
- Significant understanding of design principles and applications (print, digital/UX, environmental).
- Signification understanding of custom website design.
- Experience (and prowess) with common design software including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, plus the ability to learn new software and platforms, as required. A basic understanding of CSS and HTML is a must.
- The flexibility to take on new challenges: software, social media, design trends, etc.
- An eye for detail and the wherewithal to speak your mind.
- A portfolio of your original work to share with us (so we can get to know your style).
What You’ll ❤️ About Working Here:
- The people, we’re a supportive and collaborative team that encourage big ideas and bold thinking – you’ll be one of the dotters #teamwork.
- We are passionate about our clients and are tenacious about building their business and brand!
- Dynamic projects with a range of clients to keep things interesting.
- A fast-paced and vibrant corporate culture that is inclusive and entertaining!
- We celebrate everything at Tdot with a staff party at the end of each month.
- Added benefits including anniversary & birthday gifts, summer “Happy Fridays”, events (GOHBA, SAMs), annual golf tournament, OBOT discounts, learning series (monthly speakers), etc.
Forward your pixel-perfect resume and portfolio showing us you’ve got what it takes – along with salary expectations and availability to email@example.com
Please note: we are Ottawa-based and are looking for a candidate within Ottawa and surrounding areas 🙂
TRUEdotDESIGN is a fully integrated, award-winning Ottawa-based marketing firm with an impressive portfolio of services for clients in architecture, engineering, residential development and homebuilding, and other real estate-related sectors. Through our experience and evolution over the last 11 years, TRUEdotDESIGN’s talented in-house team of bilingual marketing strategists and designers specialize in offering a unique stable of expertise in strategy development and planning, brand development, marketing, graphic design, social media, public relations, copywriting, web design and development, advertising, and promotions (both mainstream and online), media and marketing planning, event planning, and sales centre and showroom interior design.